September 11, 2011

SandBox Comments: Red State "I Am a Real Democrat, Therefore I Now Vote Republican "

Excellent, excellent opinion by 'colegrayson'.  Out there somewhere in avatar land. Take the time to read the entire piece.

(posted by avatar colegrayson)

"I had the distinct pleasure of watching the GOP candidates debate, and I learned something shocking.  They are not, despite the New York Times propaganda, crazy.  They are diverse, intelligent constructs of a party that allows for free thought, unlike dogmatic liberalism I now renounce.  But fair warning, I am Pro God, which by liberal definition means I force Him into the faces of others.  I am against 12 year olds signing off on their own abortions, which means I despise women.  I believe Herman Cain agrees with my beliefs on minority empowerment, so he too must be a racist.  Even the now wilted specter of Michelle Bachmann, successfully castrated by a viciously sexist question in the previous debate, was not any sort of boogeywoman.  What we had was an intelligent thoughtful exchange of ideas.  Some of these ideas may not work, and others have merit.  Cain’s thoughts on taxation I found intriguing but impractical, but hey, at least it was an idea.  A freaking idea.  But wait, other ideas reared their head as well.  Ideas like using military drones to track illegals, (Governor Perry) support of a guest worker program (Speaker Gingrich) and of course there was Mitt.  Poor Mitt.  He would have been a great 60′s Republican.  Today he would be better off as a Democrat.  But he is a good fella and a smart man, so he has a place.  Just not in the White House..."

(Learn more?  Click title or comment to start discussion)
"Truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident."

4 comments:

mack said...

This, is excellent.

Lee Mulcahy said...

Nice post. Nice to know that a little liberty and Jeffersonian democracy are valued.

Ben said...

The end of the two-party system is something I believe I will see in my lifetime. I'm 56 yrs. old.

When liberal values and conservative values join together, there's Independence.

gws44 said...

Very nice post.

"But with the Excuse Maker in Chief? Who knows about the man who would quote the Koran and refer to it as Holy but mock the Bible and accuse Christians of being bitter. Where lacks Jesus, lacks love and where lacks love, lacks conscience. The same people who advocate the murder of 8 month old babies are not the same people who will truly fight for health care, or good jobs.
This I do know. I know that my whole life I have believed in the power of our people. I support reasonable safety nets, but personal empowerment. We can’t allow our country to become a bread line; we must prevent a collapse into complete dependency. But even at this point, Obama does not truly care about jobs. In this new bill he proposes more spending on unemployment extensions, but could that spending not go directly to the SBA, or works programs? No I don’t want these people to starve but blast it I want them to get out of bed. We have lost our excellence and drive towards excellence. In order to be a Democrat you have to capitulate to social permissiveness, to political correctness, and nanny stating. Democrats I grew up with were largely socially conservative, economically populist, and went to Church. They did not mock God, like many currently do, and they respected our rights to worship. We now live in a society that publicly respects Ramadan more than Christmas, Muslim more than Christian, and even the Attorney General, while stating tacitly blacks can’t be guilty of a hate crime, used the power of his office to defend a Muslim teacher from being fired for taking time off to worship. Try getting the teacher’s union to back you up when you miss work for a church bake sale. But really America, look around. Who are the givers? Do you see latte fueled hipster liberals working food banks? Or is it almost always the good folk from Church, who constantly give of themselves to help their neighbor, as the Bible teaches, and who want only in return the chance to slip a Psalm in your pocket, and to invite you to listen to the Word. I respect your right to follow a different faith but I require you to respect mine. I had to detach myself from the rhetoric and see for myself the empty lip service the Democratic Party had become. With each passing day I feel better about myself, more in tune with God, and am a nicer person. My Wife has seen this. My friends have too. I don’t beat the Bible, and I am surely no Saint. But when faced with a choice of amoral narcissists, who say one thing then do another, educated to the point of idiocy, confident only the sound of their own words, or good hearted farmers, and mechanics, and churchgoers who I have seen selflessly give of themselves for the benefit of others, what side do you think I should stand by?"