March 12, 2012

SandBoxBlogs: Aspen Daily News/Letter to the Editor "Keep the land public"

'SandBox Nanny' has been a 'news junkie' since her late teens.  And that...is a long time...

Throughout the years she has noticed that the sheer volume of vitriol output does come from liberals.  The vast majority of the time one can find conservatives in defense mode.  Rather than get into finger-pointing, smart defenders have developed what 'Nanny' calls the 'mirror defense'.

From the position of taking the higher road one can very effectively shine a reflective mirror on to those who antagonize.

Jennifer Isenhart shows beautiful execution of the 'mirror defense' today.  Up on the Aspen Daily News.

Jennifer Isenhart, New Castle:
"Editor:

I recently had the pleasure of partaking in one of our freedoms: The right to speak at a town hall meeting. I took my two minutes to speak then sat quietly listening to others who had the right to do the same. I am writing at this moment in regards to the “heckler” leaving the meeting, speaking against my belief instead of taking the time to share theirs with me. I will not stoop down to a level below the beliefs I am so passionate about.

People might be quick to judge me just because I have a “No Hidden Gems” sticker displayed on my vehicle or for what I may speak about publicly. But no one has ever stopped to take a minute to ask me about my passions and beliefs on public lands, or to share theirs.

Hidden Gems supporters might be surprised that I see things very similarly to them. I care about our public lands, and even more this great planet we live on. I wish to protect it, and just like you I want the younger generation and those beyond to enjoy it just as I have. Yes, that may be by a motorized route to a special destination where we believe in teaching the younger generation to be good stewards of the land and to work hard to keep the land just the way it is — public.

I don’t believe wilderness is the answer for every piece of land. You can bet I won’t give up on the possibility of there being a better way. Maybe I could be a part of some new legislation, and I would invite you to be also, because deep down we all walk on the same path, just in different shoes. So as I proudly display my sticker I do so with an open heart and mind, and you will continue to see me out there on the trails working hard to keep them clean, promoting responsible use and standing strong for the belief that everyone should have that right to use it as well...."  (Read original letter?  Click title)

"Unapologetically pursuing and tracking patterns within the news others make since 2010."\

3 comments:

Lee Mulcahy said...

that's why they're limousine liberals----total one sided conversation. do as i say!

WingMan said...

Think they'll ever realize how obvious they are? Haven't had a chance yet to tell you that I'm glad you've done your filing against Kaplan, Lee. Good luck with that I think it's got some legs. Was out your way the other day and see you've slowed down on the house. Weather's plenty warm enough for even you lighter weight DIY guys. Get on that, huh?

jbend said...

he's just waiting like all the other weekend warriors for 70 degree days and no mud.