October 14, 2011

SandBox Comments: Snomasokist/Johnny Boyd "Why I Quit “Snomasokist”"

“...I thought I could continue working for the corporation, but like all corporations there is always something lacking,” I said. “Things get done, but there is no heart. It became evident that CMNM had no intention of putting any effort into the Snowmass Sun. The new editor was probably low-balled on her pay, but the head honchos weren’t expecting much from her in return, so it didn’t matter. The Sun is being written by public relations and media affairs hacks that turn out press releases. The Sun prints them verbatim and sells advertising. Easy work if you can get it. When the advertisers wise up to the fact that they’re paying good money for an empty vessel, the paper will fold. I couldn’t be a part of that and look myself in the mirror.”

“You quit because the paper has no heart?” Jake asked, incredulously. “I didn’t think you had one...”
(Snomasokist)

(Learn more?  Click title and comment to start discussion)
"Truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident."

No comments: