December 13, 2011

SandBox Comments: Aspen Times/Jill Gruenberg "Angry over abuse and harassment"

"I understand that anger is not always the most effective catalyst for social change. At times, the sheer force of anger can be both paralyzing to ourselves and polarizing to others.

I know this, and yet still, I am angry. I don't know how to deny it. I am frustrated at the thought of having to justify it. I certainly don't want to have to apologize for it. In fact, I think it's about time more of us got angry based on the violence against women, girls and boys and the attitudes that condone this injustice that is occurring in our community, our nation and our world. As the popular bumper sticker says, “If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention....”
(Jill Gruenberg)

(Read the rest?  Click title.  Comment to discuss)

No comments: