March 14, 2012

SandBoxBlogs: Glenwood Springs Post Independent/Your Letters "Never in anyone's backyard"

Kateri Hall:
"A March 1 Post Independent headline couldn't escape my eyes: “Oak Meadows residents alarmed about gas drilling.” And on Feb. 28, I read where the proposed asphalt plant owners were not going to be permitted to use their property to operate their plant beside the organic farm.

First, I submit I haven't been here long enough to know details on either topic. I don't know which side I would support on either topic. I do know that I would entertain both ideas with a business-friendly approach.

That's what I'm pushing. Entertain the ideas. Spend some of that “no” energy on a solution on how and where to make business happen.

I look around the Western Slope and I see a gorgeous part of the Rockies. I also see the economy has hit hard times here. In an area where jobs are scarce, I'm struck how many people's first reaction is to say “no.”

How hungry does someone have to be before they are open to discussion? I dare answer my own question and say maybe they're not hungry at all. Maybe the food stamps are flowing just fine in America.

The consensus always seems to be “Yeah, bring American jobs back to America.” Yet when someone ventures out, the same consensus is too eager to flood them with bureaucracy.

What's left for America? Our nation won't flourish where the only incomes allowed are consulting and welfare.

How many items did you purchase last week that were not made in America? How much did that tank of gas cost? If the consumer says “ouch,” they're not receptive to logic...." (Read more?  Click title)

"Unapologetically pursuing and tracking patterns within the news others make since 2010."

No comments: