April 4, 2012

SandBoxBlogs: Mesquite Citizen/Breaking News "City Names New Manager"

"City officials announced yesterday, Apr. 3, that Andrew M. Barton has accepted and signed a contract as Mesquite's new City Manager. He is currently the Town Administrator for New Castle, CO, a town of 4,518 located on I-70, west of Glenwood Springs.

In a telephone interview with the Mesquite Citizen Journal, Barton confirmed the information released at the Council's Technical Review meeting and intends to begin his new job May 7. "I am very happy," Barton remarked. "I look forward to serving Mesquite. My wife is happy also. My present organization is stunned."

New Castle uses a similar form of government as Mesquite with six council members and a mayor. Its population is approximately 4,518 people. The town employs 25 full-time and 5 part-time employees with seven full-time and 1 reserve police officers.

"Many of the people in New Castle know a lot about Mesquite and come to play golf there," Barton commented. "My friends think I landed a plum assignment. I feel the same way."..."
(Read more?  Click title)

"Unapologetically pursuing and tracking patterns within the news others make since 2010."

No comments: