May 10, 2012

SandBoxBlogs: KKCO 11 News "Breadwinners Of The Family: Women In The Workforce "

Thomas Jordan:
"The number of women in the work place has grown from forty-percent to forty-five percent. Local moms I spoke with today say it's all about putting food on the table and paying the bills.

"I currently have two jobs because I have two little girls that I have to take care of on my own" says working mother Heather Reynolds.

She has been on her own for awhile, she works as a server at a night club and bartender at a restaurant.

"With this economy and having two children it’s really hard to work only one job and support a family" says Heather.

Heather's not the only woman out there seeking a pay check.

“The percentage of woman that are job seekers in registered in Colorado has gone from forty percent to forty-five percent, so we look at that as a fairly significant increase" says Suzie Miller from the Mesa County Workforce Center.

For Great Harvest Bread Company Co-owner Heidi Ragland, it’s a little different. Since she makes her bread and eats it too.

"I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to be able to work, but manage our family life. In a comparable way that makes it so I can be there when I need to be there" says Heidi Ragland.

She agrees with Heather, it's still a tough economy.

"Gas is more expensive, milk is more expensive, bread is more expensive, so other people are going to have to contribute to the family income to meet those basic needs" says Heidi....."
(Read more?  Click title)

"Unapologetically pursuing and tracking patterns within the news others make since 2010."

No comments: